I’m a complete OCD planning freak. Usually.
A great example: For my big Europe trip, I planned the exact train routes and times for the entire trip…in advance.
Needless to say, for this upcoming trip (all 17 months worth), it is quite the planning-overload. I’ve been afraid of getting too caught up in the nitty-gritty of my trip details (because having such a rigid travel schedule was exhausting)…but I have finally put together what I think is going to be my general itinerary. For anyone happening to read this, any tips are SO appreciated. Seriously.
- December – March, 2010: South America, or (my newest brain child) living in Paris. Ideally, I’ll be hiking through Peru or gorging myself on delicious french food and seeing the beautiful sites (AKA sexy french men).
- March, 2010: Back to Florida, for a bridesmaid stint in Texas.
- March – June, 2010: Working in South Africa. YAY!
- June – November, 2010: Overlanding my way through SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia. Flying from Ethiopia to Egypt. Overlanding through the Middle East until I get to Istanbul, Turkey.
- November – December, 2010: Florida with my family…and another bridesmaid affair, although this time on Sanibel Island.
- December 2010 – August 2011: India, China, Thailand, Eastern Russia, Mongolia, South Korea (to maybe visit an old pen pal)…and Japan!
Phew! That’s quite the mouthful!
I do admit, this whole itinerary might seem a little ambitious. Unfortunately, I’ve already cut out half of Africa (my eyes were initially way too big for my travel “stomach”) – so I’m hoping to make it work. My inner-biologist is fighting for more time in Eastern Africa…but my wannabe historian-self is pushing for extensive Middle Eastern travel.
Hopefully this weekend I’ll really get some of the kinks worked out.
In the meantime, I’ll grab a good travel book for some relaxing armchair adventures – the kind which need absolutely zero preparation…and only a bowl of chips and cold beer at hand.
Miller Light, anyone?