I am SO proud to be able to say that I have done it. I have completed the first part of my trip. The trip that inspired this blog, my charity, a new perspective on life, and most importantly: My wardrobe.
During the last nine months I have met some of the most amazing people; characters that even the most talented novelist could not dream up. These individuals have not only helped me in times of need, but they have become close friends. I am so grateful that they walked into my life, and that because of them, I’ve had one too many nights out on the town, invaluable cultural experiences, and unending fun.
Through thick and thin, they have been there and thanks to the wonders of facebook and twitter (oh, I love technology!) they stay in my life well after they have physically left it.
So, without further ado…this is my public thanks to all of them. It’s a long list, but here it goes:
1) Boss – you know who you are. Your obsession with canned, sweetened, condensed milk shall never be forgotten.
2) Sethry – you are my brother from another mother. “Push on to the top of the hill!”
3) Polly – Please note that I just typed your name in a French accident. Your quotes still make me laugh.
4) Marky Mark – You rock and so does your ability to learn every language on the face of the earth.
5) Mary and family – You cook SO well, and your kindness made me feel at home in a country where I didn’t have one.
6) Cachito – I miss you every single day. Love you and the fact that you call me Holy Kim.
7) Expedition Members – If I mentioned every single one of you, this post would take a year to write…but know that I have laugh-out-loud memories from each and every one of you.
8) Beth – I will never forget the night with the car and the rat. Enough said.
9) Demi – please see above. One of the funniest nights of my life. Good luck with everything you do!
1) Lisa – I still take “complimentary” toilet paper whenever possible.
2) Chelsea – Viva la sweat stach!
3) Georgie – I hate you for your luck with men, but I love you all the same!
4) Chavy Chav – I have mad respect for you. When I am rich, I will hire you as my Norwegian body guard and we shall travel the world together solving problems one GIS map at a time.
5) Lou – you are an amazing artist and have a true gift!
6) Mr. Useless – despite all of the crap I give you, I still think you might be marginally cool. But just a little bit.
7) Ms. Elodie – I’m not kidding when I say that I truly look up to everything you’ve accomplished and continue to accomplish. You rock so hardcore!
8) My bosses – you guys have made every day at the office a fun one. Despite the deadlines and stress, you are all so incredibly cool. It’s been a pleasure interning for you!
Alrighty, that’s all for now! Hope all is well in all of your respective lives! I will be updating soon,
By the time this posts I’ll probably be in an airplane, flying high over the African continent.
Love from my comfortable South African Airways seat,
-K to the im
P.S. Cross your fingers that I have a good seat mate and am eating luxury pre-cooked meals without a kid screaming in my general vicinity. Good times.